How to REFILL Your Swiffer Wet Jet Bottles For Less Than a Dime!!!!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure.
One of the great things about couponing is that we get to use all of the great gadgets that make life easier. The starter kits are almost always cheaper than the refills, so my home is filled with Glade wax stater kits, Glade aerosol starter kits, Swiffer duster starter kits, and more. The biggest thing that I have trouble finding is a GREAT deal on the Swiffer liquid solution though. Did you know that the non-refillable, non-opening, single use solution bottles can be refilled? It is SO easy to do, and SUPER cheap; you will NEVER buy another bottle again! Here’s how:
- Grab your empty Swiffer bottle, a coffee mug, and some regular floor cleaner. You can use Fabuloso, Pledge, or whatever you have around (this we can get for under a buck with coupons, but even at full price it will be cheaper than these $6 refills).
- Fill up the mug most of the way with water and microwave for 2 minutes. Flip the bottle over into the hot water, letting it sit for two minutes.
- Flip the bottle right side up, and use a hand towel to twist the white bottle cap off. It should come right off; if not, just put back into the water for another minute.
- Add about 1/4 cup of floor cleaning solution, and fill the rest up with water. Your bottle of floor cleaner should give you around 20 refills (!!!). Twist the cap back onto the bottle, and it will reseal itself on the bottle, just like before.
- Put the Swiffer bottle back onto the Swiffer WetJet, and you are good to go!!!